Suitable from 12 months
Tender little strips of chicken, dipped first in a thick ‘batter’ of Karicare Gold Toddler milk, then in dry breadcrumbs to coat, cook in minutes. Not only toddlers love these, so you may like to double the recipe!
Makes 2 to 3 small servings
100 to 150 g skinned, boneless chicken breast
2 scoops Karicare Gold Toddler Milk powder
1 tablespoon cold water
¼ cup dry breadcrumbs
A little oil (e.g. canola, grapeseed) for frying
- Cut chicken breast into finger-length strips about 1 cm thick.
- In a small bowl, whisk together Toddler Milk powder and water to make a thick paste.
- Spread breadcrumbs on a sheet of greaseproof paper.
- Stir the chicken strips in the milk batter to coat. Take out one at a time and roll in crumbs to coat.
- Heat a thin layer of oil in a frying pan on a moderate heat. When hot, but not smoking, turn to a low heat and add crumbed chicken. Cook for 1 minute on each side, keeping heat low to avoid over-browning coating.
- Remove and drain on a paper towel.
- Cool a little before serving to a toddler as finger food.
Instead of chicken use small pieces of beef schnitzel, thin slices of lamb liver, or pieces of boneless fish fillet. Coat and cook as above.