Suitable from birth.
- Karicare AR Formula has been clinically proven and specially formulated to reduce the frequency and volume of regurgitation.
- A gum is used to thicken Karicare AR Formula. The advantage being that a gum remains thick in the mouth & continues to thicken in the stomach. Whereas products containing a starch thickener can be broken down by enzymes in saliva and more quickly in the stomach.
- Clinical trials have shown it to be safe and effective for managing regurgitation.1
- Karicare AR is used for the management of regurgitation and is a specialised feed. Please consult your healthcare professional before using to ensure it is the most appropriate formula for your baby.
- As this formula is a 100% vegetable oil blend it can help to improve absorption and digestion.
1. Vandenplas Y et al. Acta Pediatr 1998, 87:462-468
Milk solids (Lactose, Skim milk, Milk fat), Vegetable oils, Thickener (Carob bean gum), Soy lecithin, Acidity regulators (Potassium Hydroxide and/or Citric acid), L-Cysteine, Taurine, Choline.
Vitamins (A, B1, B3, B6, B12, C, D, E, K1), Pantothenic acid, Beta-carotene, Folic acid, Biotin.
Potassium, Calcium, Sodium, Magnesium, Iron, Zinc, Copper, Iodine, Selenium.
How to prepare Karicare AR Thickened Formula – feed
Always wash hands before preparing the feed
|1. Sterilise bottles, teats and utensils by boiling or using an approved sterilsing agent.||2. Boil water and allow to cool to feeding temperature (approximately 37°C).||3. Measure the volume of cooled, boiled water into a sterilised feeding bottle.|
|4. Fill the scoop lightly and level with a knife, avoid compacting the formula. Add the required number of level scoops of powder.||5. Always add one level scoop of powder for each 50ml of water in the feeding bottle.||6. Place the cap on the bottle and shake to dissolve powder. Before feeding, check the feed is at the right temperature by shaking a few drops on your wrist.|
USE IMMEDIATELY.For all formulas it is safer to feed immediately after preparation. NEVER SAVE UNFINISHED FEEDS. Only use the scoop provided with the can.
Feeding Guide for AR Thickened Formula – feed
|Age in Months||To Prepare One Feed||Number
|Up to 2 weeks
2 weeks to 1 month
12 – 24 mo
This feeding guide is a general guide only, your baby may need more or less than shown.