Orange french toast cut into fingers is another great finger food for toddlers which allows them to try feed themselves.
Suitable from 12 months.
Serves 1 to 2
2 slices white toast bread
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 to 2 tablespoon butter (or 1 each of butter and oil)
Optional, for serving:
1 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
For Cinnamon Sugar: ¼ teaspoon cinnamon mixed with 1 teaspoon sugar
- Cut each bread slice into 3 fingers (crusts on or off).
- Lightly beat egg with orange juice and cinnamon.
Gently heat a frying pan (non-stick is best) on low with butter (or oil and butter).
- Just before cooking dip one bread finger at a time into egg mixture to completely coat. Increase heat until butter is sizzling then add first bread finger. Repeat one slice at a time, adding them to the pan as soon as each one is egg-coated.
- Turn when golden and lightly brown the second sides.
- Remove. Drain on paper towel.
- Serve warm.
Optional: Serve with kiwifruit slices and a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar.